Friday 27 May 2011

Royal Photographic Society Dunfermline Weekend, 21-22 May

I have just had the pleasure of attending the RPS Dunfermline weekend. It was a fascinating mixture of talks on photography ranging from the harrowing to the extremely beautiful, interspersed with discussions about panels of images that had been presented for fellowship.
Over the next few posts I will attempt to discuss the various presentations,  and analyse the effect they had on my emotions. I made copious notes, unfortunately on my knee, in  relatively dark room, so if I have misquoted someone I apologise profusely.
The Dunfermline weekend is a bi-annual event held by the Scottish Regional Group of the RPS.
image
image
There was also a very tempting bookstall, and many of the speakers had published books that were available to buy. The whole weekend was a fascinating insight into a wide range of photography, mostly by ‘amateurs’ of the highest quality, and a great learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment