Friday 9 September 2011

Artifical Lighting

As an adjunct to the exercise taking photos outside at night, I looked for some images that were taken indoors under artificial, and uncontrolled - at least by me, lighting.

ISO - 800, f5.3, 1/15 sec





 Rock concerts - taken from a distance, with a small camera borrowed from my son. You get some very strange colours!









ISO 1000, f5.6, 28mm efl, 1/10 sec







Inside a castle - actually daylight outside, but very dim in here.









ISO 250, f/5.6, 90mm efl, 1/60 sec






Ceiling lighting in our local shopping center, I think fluorescent - but I am not sure.










ISO 400, f/3, 1/100





And in contrast, a light in the Abbot House, an old building, used mainly as a cafe.








ISO 2000, f/4.4, 40mm efl, 1/8 sec








Son et luminiere - at the local Abbey









ISO 1600, f/5.6. 28mm efl, 0.4sec







and another view of the lit pillars











f/2.8, 1/6 sec






The staircase in the Usher Hall, Edinburgh.







f/2.8, 1/6 sec




All I did here was to push the saturation up to maximum. The colours must have come from the light, again I am not sure what kind, probably fluorescent as it was cold, and anything hot would have been dangerous.








All of these were hand held, and opportunistic,  the results of simply carrying a camera everywhere. However, I do not carry a tripod, and therefore many were taken at very high ISO settings, and hence grainy or at very slow shutter speeds , and blurred, or even both. I have a small gorilla-pod - its needs to live in my bag, next to my everyday camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment